Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 64: Easter Eggs

So, I had a revelation today that seems so simple, but I was proud of myself.

My son's class requested that we donate a dozen plastic eggs stuffed with treats for a "spring" egg hunt that they'll be having this Friday.  So, of course, I'm excited because I've got a jillion plastic eggs in my closet that I would LOVE to get rid of.  And then, I think, "Oh, when am I going to get to go to the store to buy candy to put in them??"  THEN, (here's the a-ha moment) I realize, why am I going to the store and spend money on junk to give away?  We've got plenty of junk to give away in our house already!  So, again, we went through my son's toys and found some appropriate little action figures, silly bands, erasers, etc that fit just perfectly into a plastic egg.  Voila!!


Today's Toss:
12 plastic eggs
12 treats inside the eggs
=24 things gone from my house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment