Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 14: Hall Closet

Yep, in cleaning and organizing our kids' stuff, I spent some time in the hall closet, and whoa...lots of things to purge there!  I started off by sorting a few things that I think I can sell on CraigsList: curtains and linens that are still in good shape.  There are a few other things that I think I can just throw in the trash...sort of hard sometimes because of the sentimental thing!

Today's round-up:
1 print of St. Lucia from our honeymoon
2 cloth doilies that I had in my apt while I lived in China
1 Australian Aboriginal print that I got on my trip to Australia
2 pieces of fabric (previously used as table coverings, etc.)
2 old cloth napkins
and a bag with 6 electronic gadgets (old cell phones, chargers, cords) to be recycled

Total:  14 things

Also, I recently found out that Goodwill accepts electronics to be recycled.  I have random bags of things that I know I can't just throw in the trash (used propane canisters, old batteries, styrofoam packing peanuts), but I'm not always sure where to take them to dispose of them properly.  Will have to do some more research on that!


No comments:

Post a Comment