Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 7: Our Dresser

Like I wrote in yesterday's post, I am already struggling to keep up the discipline of getting rid of things.  I don't want to think about it during the day, so when this evening came and I saw my "10 Things" box, with nothing in it, I panicked a little.

Not to worry...I headed into my bedroom and started in on some of the drawers in our dresser.  It actually ended up being pretty easy to find 10 random socks and underwear that I no longer wear.  I debated for a minute or two if I should toss them in the trash, or the donate bag.  This is another reason why I don't purge often enough...decisions need to be made about what to do with different objects.  I have a horrible guilty conscience about throwing perfectly usable things away, and donating them makes me feel less wasteful about it.  But what kind of things should be donated, and what things are not worth it?  In this case, my used underwear and socks didn't really seem to be the kind of things anyone else would want, so I opted for the trash.

Total for today:
3 pairs of underwear
5 socks
1 of my hubby's old T-shirts
1 hair band
1 curling iron accessory

11 items:  9 into the trash, and one nice pair of trouser socks in the donate bag

No comments:

Post a Comment