Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 19: Magazines & Junk Food

Today I am throwing out more magazines...11 issues of Better Homes and Gardens to be exact.  I'm not really sure why I've kept them.  Probably because I feel badly that I don't read them when I get them in the mail, and since the subscription is a gift, I'd like to think that I'll get around to it.  OR, what if there is some really great idea in one of them that will transform my life, or at least my home?  Again, the digital world sort of makes magazines obsolete.  What solution for my home is not readily at my fingertips if I were to "google" it?  If I have an idea for something in my home or garden, chances are, someone else has already blogged about it, or someone is trying to sell it online.  There is no shortage of good ideas on the internet.

Next, I'm throwing out 8 packages of junk food.  I knew when we received these as a gift that I'd be throwing them out at some point.  I just wasn't quite sure how much my family would be interested in the snack food, and as I'd assumed, they weren't.  Normally I don't count food as part of my daily toss, but since these packages have taken up a fair amount of room on a shelf for several weeks, I am counting them.  Someday when I get to purging my pantry, I'll probably be counting lots of things like this.

Today's Toss:
11 magazines
8 food packages
= into the trash & recycling bins!

No comments:

Post a Comment